GDDA 2018/19 Classes (September 2018 - June 2019)
Greater Dover Dance Academy now offers five divisions of classes: Fundamentals Division, Performance Division, Recreational Division, Praise Division, and Competition Division. There's something special for every dancer at GDDA!
Forming an excellent foundation and creating a love for dance! These dancers perform in our June Concert.
- Creative Dance IA – PreBallet/Tap/Creative Movement (age 3-4 beginners)
- Creative Dance IB – PreBallet/Tap/Creative Movement (age 3-4 with some experience)
- Creative Dance IIA – PreBallet/Tap/Creative Movement (age 5-6 with 0-1 yr experience)
- Creative Dance IIB – PreBallet/Tap/Creative Movement (age 5-6 with 1+ yrs experience)
- PreBallet – Ballet Technique & Movement (ages 5-7 with 1+ yr experience)
- Beginning Ballet – Ballet Technique & Movement (age 7 & up with 0-2 yrs experience)
- Hip Hoppin’ Combo – Hip Hop & Tap (ages 5-7)
Performance Division “Greater Dover Dance Theatre”
For dancers who desire more training and performing opportunities in ballet, modern & jazz. Dancers perform in “Christmas Treasures,” outreach events and the June Concert. Audition for placement/casting.
- Sparkle (Elementary) – Ballet, Jazz & Rehearsal (completed Beginning Ballet) (age 8 & up)
- Shimmer (Intermediate) – Ballet, PrePointe, Modern, Jazz & Rehearsal (age 9 & up)
- Shine (Advanced) – Ballet, Pointe, Modern, Jazz & Rehearsal (age 12 & up)
For students who love to dance but want a limited commitment. These can also be add-ons for Performance Division students or Beginning Ballet students. Perform in the June Concert.
- Kids Tap I (Elementary) – Tap technique (age 7 & up with 0-1 year of experience)
- Kids Tap II (Intermediate) – Tap technique (age 9 & up with 2+ years of experience)
- Teen Tap (Intermediate/Advanced) – Tap technique (age 12 & up with 3+ years of experience)
- Kids Hip Hop (Elementary/Intermediate) – Hip Hop dance (age 7 & up with 0-1 year of experience)
- Teen Hip Hop (Intermediate/Advanced) – Hip Hop dance (age 12 & up with 3+ years of experience)
- Kids/Teen Ballet (Elementary/Intermediate) – Ballet (age 8 & up with 2+ years of experience)
- Kids/Teen Modern/Jazz (Elementary/Intermediate) – Modern & jazz technique (age 7 & up)
- Kids Musical Theatre (Elementary/Intermediate) – Dance/Voice/Drama (age 8 & up)
- Teen Musical Theatre (Intermediate/Advanced) – Dance/Voice/Drama (age 12 & up with 3+ years of experience)
Praise Division - “Praise Dance Theatre”
For those who desire to worship the Lord through dance. These classes can be add-ons. These classes perform in “Christmas Treasures,” outreach events & the June Concert.
- Praise Dance I – (Elementary/Intermediate) praise dance (age 7 & up) - FREE CLASS!
- Praise Dance II – (Intermediate/Advanced) praise dance (age 11 & up with 3+ years of experience)
Performance Division dancers may audition for our Competition Team. We will attend 2 competitions per year. Some dances will also be in Christmas show, outreach & the June Concert.
- Junior Team – Intermediate dancers (age 8 & up)
- Senior Team – Advanced dancers (age 12 & up)
- Adult Ballet Barre/Jazz/Conditioning – Includes Ballet barre exercises for toning, floor stretch/conditioning & jazz combinations for fun! (12 Week Sessions ~ Fall: 9/10-11/26, Winter: 1/7-3/25)
A variety of daytime classes on Tuesdays for homeschoolers/preschoolers. (10 Week Sessions ~ Fall: 9/11-11/13, Winter: 1/15-3/19).
*Ages listed are general guidelines. Class placement is at the discretion of the director.